Moving to Unity

Dec 11, 2008 at 11:41 AM
Hey,
Out of curiosity, what's the reason you want to move to Unity? I can't see what advantages it provides over the Castle stack. Quite the contrary actually.
Coordinator
Dec 17, 2008 at 6:51 AM
Since Unity 1.2 supports proxy feature, I simply don't need another dependency - namely Castle.DynmiacProxy, because Unity gives me all I need. I use Unity containers as a mean to communicate between internal components od WDAB and I see no alternative for Unity in this field. Integrating Unity container with Castle proxies was a little tedious and the code was very pretty.

Another reason why I wanted to move to Unity proxies is fact that now I have full PIAB support. In version 0.65 (will be available soon) you will be able to configure policies using PIAB and inject them into server- or client-side containers.

Of coure Castle has some really cool features but since I use only interface proxies I simply don't need them. I've chosen simplicity here.

Process of migration was somewhat painful because I had to correct a bug in Unity's InterfaceInterceptor which caused exceptions when trying to proxy a TransparentProxy (like WCF client-side proxy).

Hope that explains my intentions.